Skip to content
Group of Singers and Multi-Instrumentalists
1993-2013 (Years Active) • Canadian Folk-Rock/Celtic-Rock
- The musicians in Great Big Sea play multiple instruments and sing.
- Members: Alan Doyle (vocals, guitar, bouzouki), Bob Hallett (vocals, bouzouki, fiddle, tin whistle, accordion, banjo, harmonica, guitar, mandolin), Murray Foster (vocals, bass), Kris MacFarlane (drums), Sean McCann (Vocals, guitar, bodhran, tin whistle), Darrell Power (Vocals, bass, guitar, mandolin, fiddle, accordion, harmonica)
- They performed for 20 years.
- They are best known for performing energetic rock interpretations of traditional Newfoundland folk songs including sea shanties.
- They have recorded 4 platinum albums (1 million copies sold), and 5 gold albums (500 000 copies sold)
- The band won the Entertainer of the Year award at the East Coast Music Awards for every year between 1996 and 2000