Photo courtesy of Maria Del Valle Brin
Puerto Rican Singer and Composer • 1920-1994
- Tito Henriquez’s full name is Faustino Serapio Henriquez Diaz.
- Tito Henriquez was born in Santurce, Puerto Rico.
- His most famous piece is called “Bello Amanecer” which translates to “Beautiful Sunrise.” The lyrics describe pride for being born in such a beautiful place as Puerto Rico.
- Tito Henriquez wrote the song “Quinceañera” to celebrate his daughter’s fifteenth birthday.
- Tito Henriquez learned to play the guitar as a child, and played the bass in his quartet.
- He composed music for musicians and groups including Ruth Fernandez, Tito Rodriguez, and El Gran Combo.