By Steve Terrell – https://www.flickr.com/photos/robotclaw/48810383147/, CC BY 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=107190611
Inuit Soul Music and Dance Group • Active 1995 – Present • Indigenous Alaskan
- Pamyua has four members.
- Phillip and Stephen Blanchett are brothers.
- Ossie Kairaiuak is a master Yup’ik drum maker, illustrator, and dancer.
- Karina Moeller joined the band in 1996 and composes and arranges some of their music.
- Pamyua is the Yup’ik word for Encore or Do it again.
- Pamyua created their own style of music by harmonizing and re-arranging traditional Inuit stories and melodies.
- Pamyua wrote the theme song for Molly of Denali.
- They have also written music for Flying Wild Alaska.