Korea.net / Korean Culture and Information Service (Photographer name), CC BY-SA 2.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0>, via Wikimedia Commons
South Korean K-Pop Boy Band • Formed 2010 • K-Pop
- BTS’s name in Korean literally means “bulletproof boy scouts.”
- BTS is a septet, which means they have seven members.
- BTS practiced together for three years before performing.
- A record label held auditions to start BTS.
- When they formed, the youngest member was 13.
- BTS has recordings in Korean, Japanese, and English.
- They write and produce most of their own music.
- BTS joined forces with UNICEF to raise money for violence prevention against children and teens: Love Myself campaign and #ENDviolence.
- BTS is the first musical group to have six No. 1 songs on the Hot 100 since The Beatles.
- BTS has their own emoji on Twitter.