Picture By Josef SCHWARZ – Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=3054588
American Folk Singer and Activist • 1919-2014 • Folk Music
- Pete’s first group was “The Almanac Singers” with Woody Guthrie. They played throughout Mexico and the United States, supporting worker’s rights!
- Pete was married for 69 Years! His wife, Toshi, was a great help to his life and career.
- Pete and his family lived in a log cabin near the Hudson River in New York. Pete helped clean up the Hudson River.
- Pete won three Grammy awards and the Kennedy Center Honors Award.
- Pete performed at President Obama’s 1st Inauguration.
- Pete is in the “Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.”
- Pete said: “Singing with children in the schools has been the most rewarding experience of my life.” – Seeger, October 17, 2009, at community concert in Beacon, New York